Friday, October 10, 2014

Teaching Art!

I am not an artsy person at all so when it comes to art in the classroom I am really bad at finding time for it. As the weeks have gone by I have been asked more and more by my students when we are going to do some art. Well this week I decided we would do some art and man they loved it! On Thursday we made pumpkins that I hung in the hallway, they ripped up construction paper and were able to design their own pumpkin! Today we made Owls that I am going to hang around the room for their parents to see at parent-teacher conferences later this month. With the upcoming months and the many art activities that the holidays provide I am going to try and do better when it comes to including art in my plans. It is a nice way for the students to have some productive downtime and it gives them a chance to really show their artistic skills off.

Pictures of the finished projects will be up so! They are pretty proud to shop them off and they told me they think it will add a bit more pop to the classroom. Any suggestions on how I can do a better job teaching or incorporating art into my lessons/classroom??  Does anyone else have to teach art in the classroom? How often do you teach or do art in the classroom?

Miss. B


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love teaching art. I always focus on an element of art to begin with- be it colour, line etc and do a series of sequential lessons based around it. You can still keep your themes going , just maybe focus on teaching a specific art lesson within it. Hope that makes sense! And yay, for the new blog. }

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Angie!!! I am lost when it comes to art, the kids make fun of me that all I can do is color in the lines. It is out of my element, nut it is something that for their sake I am going to become more passionate about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Runde (of Runde's Room) teaches art to her upper elementary kiddos regularly. Her blog has some really great ideas!
    ~HoJo~

    ReplyDelete