Monday, June 1, 2015

Summer Break is among us!

Summer Break has finally arrived! It brings with it rest, relaxation and the realization that I have survived my first year as a teacher! I can't tell you how much I have learned about myself after this first year in the classroom. I can tell you however that I have so much to learn and so much more to bring to the table for future classes.

 I feel bad for this first group of kiddos to come through my classroom as they didn't get me at my best. They got me at the tip of my ability and I feel that I had so much more to give them that I haven't figured out how to give yet.

To the wonderful parents in my classroom this year. Thank you for hanging with me and being so amazing. Your patience and belief in me made this year so much smoother than it could have been. Without this wonderful group of parents I am not sure we would have fared as well as we did.

As I enter the summer I plan to work a lot of my weakness and try to turn them into strengths. I am going to read lots of books and blogs  on everything education, going to attend every Professional Development class I can find and finally going to pin everything I can find to improve me as a teacher.

Hard to believe that my first year is over and in 2 short months I will begin my second year as a teacher. When the time comes to go back I know this time I will be more prepared than the first go round.

Until next time,

Miss. B

No comments:

Post a Comment