Sunday, August 2, 2015

My Bulletin Board Reveal


This month in the #2getherwearebetter linkup I am going to be introducing you the bulletin boards that will be in my classroom! I am linking up with Angie from Lucky Little Learners and .Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd. I am not a very artsy person, it is truly one of my weakness. However I have all of these ideas for how I want a board to look, I just am not artistic enough to make it come to life. I have an amazing friend in our school who is a classroom aide and was in the class I student taught in 2 years ago. I have the privilege of calling her one of my best friends and she took my ideas and turned them into something better than I could have ever pulled off.


My first bulletin board will be one that stays up all year. It is right above my classroom library (which is still a mess). The idea is the kids get to break into  two teams (they choose how the tgeams are split) and they are competing against one another for what team can get the most readers out of the end zone. I found last year that my strong readers only cared about their reading goal, but I thought making them teams would have my stronger readers motivating their teammates to continue to read so the team could win. This idea will allow the stronger readers to push themselves to try and make the 50, but also motivate those who are my reluctant readers to work hard to make it as far as they can. I have not decided what quarterly winners will get, however I am open to ideas if anyone has any!


See what I mean by having an awesome friend who can bring your ideas to life! I had this imagine in my head, but would never have been able to actually produce this. This bulletin board is actually out in the hallway and it will be the first thing the students see as they come down the hallway. I plan on changing this monthly to go along with our sports themed classroom. Most of my classroom is football, baseball and basketball, however my friend knows how much I love softball and added softballs as well.


Those are my boards so far, but I am going to keep you all updated on the changes I make to them throughout the year. I also hope to have a board added to my room that I can make into a science bulletin board for my students. I can't wait to see all the amazing boards that the rest of the lovely teachers come up with.

Until next time,

Miss. B

No comments:

Post a Comment