Sunday, August 30, 2015

Beginning My Teachers Pay Teachers Journey!

Last week I decided to do something brave. I decided to stop talking about being a seller on Teachers Pay Teachers and actually do it. So I posted something and people downloaded it. Then something truly incredible happened. I posted another item on there, but this time I put a price on it. I was truly convinced that no one would buy it, but I wanted to try and see. Someone did buy it though and although it is just one person, that one person has changed my life. They have now given me the confidence I needed to post something and know that it is worth buying.

I have taken on the social media adventure with Teacher Happy Membership,  Blab, TPT, Periscope, Twitter, blogging and Instagram and I can tell you it has changed my life. I meet other teachers from all over the world and they are not just people I follow they have become my friends. They have become that pat on the back I need when I have had a bad day, that cheer section that listens as I brag about my great days. However the most important thing they are is the supportive group that says stop waiting and do it, stop being embarrassed and do it, stop worrying what others think and do it. They are the kick in the pants I need to become a better teacher and a more confident person.

I am not sure where my social media journey will take me, but I can already tell you that I am a happier and better teacher right now then I have ever been. The friends I have made have made the social media journey so worth it and have made my teacher life so much easier.

So to all of you out there who have ever read my blog, like a picture I have posted, listened to me talk about my day on Periscope or re-tweeted something I say. Thank you for making me see the teacher that I not only want to be, but need to be. Without the support of my new Teaching Family I am not sure how exciting the adventure would be.

Until next time,

Miss. B

No comments:

Post a Comment